Privacy is important. This page explains Canamar Amaya’s approach to privacy on our website and how it affects you.
The short and sweet
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed and how long your visit lasted.
- We are not collecting data through Facebook or any other social media network.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
- In accordance with GDPR, if you wish to see the information we have collected from you, please make a request and we’ll provide you with a copy of all the data to you. You can also request that your information be removed from our website database and third party tools.
- We abide by the users’ rights to request and erase their data and in accordance to this, a user has 40 days to any such request at no cost. Also in accordance with GDPR, any requests after the 40 days period may have a cost.
These are just the main points. For more detailed explanations, keep reading.
Measuring traffic and visitors
If you sign up for a service
When you sign up for any of our services – paid or otherwise – we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address.
We will also collect and store information about your use of our services. This information will help us improve our services. For example, we keep a log of activities and use of our billing system.
We also log account and transaction history for accounting purposes, and to monitor our business activities.
We may send you email notifications regarding your service (such as invoices) or which you have specifically requested (such as newsletters or reports). You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time, with the exception of invoice notifications and payment reminders but these will stop once your account is up to date or settled.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services or to help with the collections of unpaid services.
We use a variety of payment providers to bill for our products online. These companies will have access to your personal and payment information. When paying by credit card, Canamar Amaya themselves do not ever have any access to your credit card details.
The third parties we use are Stripe (to process credit cards) and PayPal (to process credit cards and accept payment via PayPal).
We share information with these companies only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website.
Canamar Amaya takes many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data and throughout our website
- Hardware stored in secured data centres behind firewalls
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Of course you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at Canamar Amaya will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it. If for any reason you provide us with any passwords, we only use them to provide the service as requested but then all passwords are deleted and forgotten. For this reason, please ensure you know your passwords as we will not keep records of them unless they have been requested for specific services and within the restrictions provided by our service contracts.
Right to Access and Right to Erasure
In compliance with GDPR, you can request a machine readable copy of your personal information kept in our servers and services. This information will be provided to you without cost if the request is made within 40 days of such information being provided to us. You also have the right to request the information be corrected or deleted within the same time frame.
Any requests to access, modify or erase your information from our servers done after 40 days of such information being provided, may have a cost to you.
One important thing to keep in mind, this only applies to citizens of the European Union.
To request access and/or manage your information, please visit the Data Access Request page on this website.
Updates to this policy